Every day, millions of containers are transported – and every third container is empty! We will solve that problem.
xChange is the world’s first online B2B marketplace to share and trade excess containers with other companies. This allows us to drastically reduce empty runs, increase asset utilization and save thousands of tons of CO2 per year. Our ambition is to become the leading platform for container operations globally – and already today our global customers range from small local container traders to large container liners. As a growing startup in the logistics industry we are permanently on the lookout for great minds to join our team and solve the next big challenge of the logistics industry.
Working Student Software Engineering (f/m/d) – Web Crawling
• Help us to reach our goal to monitor all containers in the world to become the source of truth for container availability
• Be the go-to person for our crawler infrastructure by ensuring the infrastructure is constantly running and expanded
• Create, test and release new tracking scrapers to track more and more containers on xChange
• Monitor all tracking scrapers, investigate in case of an anomaly and repair scrapers when needed
• You study Computer Science, Software Engineering or a comparable subject
• You have first professional experience in building crawlers or scrapers
• You know your way around Java, JSoup, PhantomJS, Git, HTML and Selenium
• You are analytical, persistent and diligent – you spot irregularities and get your hands on them until the error is fixed
• You are a team player by heart with a hands-on mentality and strong English skills
What to expect
• Exciting challenges in a dynamic work environment of a high-growth start-up from day 1
• The opportunity to take ownership from day one
• Flexible working hours matching your schedule and a compensation of 12,00 EUR / hour
• Great location – our office is in the city center of Hamburg!
• A young international team (~ 30 nationalities across our 60+ colleagues)
• An open minded and collaborative culture with extremely flat hierarchies
• Flexibility with home-office opportunities
• Regular team events – we all want to have a great time together!
• All employees become shareholders in xChange
• Monthly team breakfast
• Fresh fruit, drinks, coffee & Friday beers ;D
If this sounds like you, we’re looking forward to your application! Please send an email to Celia Nielsen.
Part-time, Product, Student
Working Student – UX Research (f/m/d)
(Senior) Software Engineer (Java, Angular) (f/m/d)
(Senior) DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)