Every day, millions of containers are transported – and every third container is empty! We solve that problem.
How? The container is the single biggest innovation in logistics of the last century and has revolutionized not only an entire industry but also changed the way we live and do business. However, while this iron box itself is simple, standardized, and efficient; using and owning containers is an operational nightmare. Market transparency is limited, trust along the value chain is low and most processes are manual and error prone. Our mission is to change this—by providing a neutral platform for container owners and users to collaborate easily and efficiently. We’re here to connect global container logistics to take the hassle out of owning and transporting container equipment
VP Customer Success (f/m/d)
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, high-energy VP Customer Success to build and lead a scalable, world-class customer success machine, ensuring every customer is reaching its maximum potential on xChange.
Want to meet Christian and Johannes, our CEOs and founders, to get a first glimpse of who you would be working with? Here is a short video:
As the VP Customer Success, you’ll be responsible for building and leading the team as well as for designing, measuring and optimizing customer-facing processes to ultimately build an efficient, customer-centric and scalable customer success machine. You’ll be joining a Series A scale-up of ~90 people and a CSM team of 13, hence you’ll also need to roll up your sleeves, leading by example, driving product adoption and demonstrating how to activate and engage with some of the world’s largest and most innovative logistics companies. Lastly, you’ll work closely with our Founders as well as our Sales, Onboarding and Product teams to craft strategy, streamline processes and adjust the product features to increase customer activity and minimize churn.
The VP Customer Success is a new position that will play an instrumental, transformational role in our overall growth & business innovation, making an immediate impact on our value proposition and customer experience.
In addition to being a smart, creative, proven customer success leader in the B2B SaaS universe, the ideal candidate thrives on ambiguity, complexity, and the chance to create with no blueprint; and can simultaneously execute on commercial growth and retention targets while crafting a vision and strategy for the future.
Your Responsibilities in a nutshell:
• Set up, own, and optimize a world-class customer success machine in order to minimize churn, speed up customer activation and increase customer growth
• Create and monitor key performance metrics in order to succeed by analyzing status quos, trends and bottlenecks, implementing best practices for consistent and efficient processes and finding innovative ways to improve
• Build and manage a world-class international customer success team that consistently meets and exceeds objectives, while maintaining a great, customer-centric working culture. You will also drive the hiring and coaching of new teammates closely working with our Talent team
• Work closely with our Founders, our Product, Sales and Onboarding teams to craft strategy, streamline processes and adjust the product features to increase customer activity and minimize churn
What are we looking for?
• You are an experienced leader with a great track record in building and managing outstanding customer success teams in a SaaS environment (prior experience in logistics is an advantage but no must-have)
• You have successfully managed, coached and scaled highly international and partly remote teams
• Intellectual horsepower – You have a strong entrepreneurial mind and commercial approach; you think strategically and know how to base your decisions on solid numbers
• You feel at home in a fast growth environment and understand the benefits and the challenges of it
• You have a high personal drive and are excited about making customers wildly successful on your own, but even more excited about coaching and building scalable processes to help your team making them even more successful
• You are highly organized and have a strong analytical approach – you are always on top of your numbers
• You are a great communicator (our company language is English) and listener; you are passionate about the xChange mission and inspire and motivate the people around you
What to expect:
• Ownership from day one & direct impact on the success of our company! You will have full responsibility for driving our customer growth and the performance of our customer success team
• A dynamic and international team with ~40 nationalities across our 90 team members & extremely flat hierarchies
• A highly scalable product with a proven product market fit ready to change the industry & do something good ♥
• A great working atmosphere with an open-minded and collaborative culture—plus a team of highly motivated & enthusiastic CSM colleagues who can´t wait for you to join
• Major degrees of freedom backed by an experienced team – It is a highly autonomous role well suited to someone who is a self-starter with natural leadership and coaching abilities
• A fast-paced work environment and complex intellectual challenges from day 1
• Goes without saying: Regular team events and of course a wide variety of fruits and drinks in the office 😉
• Attractive and uncapped compensation—including a competitive equity package!
If this sounds like you, we’re looking forward to your application! Please send an email to Melanie Grunert.
Business Builder – Customer Activation (f/m/d)