Every day, millions of containers are transported – and every third container is empty! We solve that problem
How? The container is the single biggest innovation in logistics of the last century and has revolutionized not only an entire industry but also changed the way we live and do business. However, while this iron box itself is simple, standardized, and efficient; using and owning containers is an operational nightmare. Market transparency is limited, trust along the value chain is low and most processes are manual and error prone. Our mission is to change this—by providing a neutral platform for container owners and users to collaborate easily and efficiently. We’re here to connect global container logistics to take the hassle out of owning and transporting container equipment.
(Senior) Software Engineer (f/m/d)
Our Tech team is the backbone of xChange, developing highly scalable products to not only disrupt a whole industry but to set a new standard when operating containers worldwide. As a Software Engineer, you will be joining a highly collaborative, agile team with skilled, customer-focused colleagues who strive for best code quality, highest tech standards and pushing xChange’s product forward.
We aim for teams who take full ownership and are seeking a tech-savvy Software Engineer who is passionate about teamwork, collaboration and building amazing products, ready to tackle new challenges every day.
Your Responsibilities in a nutshell:
• Implement new features based on highest tech standards and quality in backend (Java) and frontend (Angular)
• Keep proven features up to date, identify technical debt and add them to the tech debt process, including your improvement proposal
• Get to know, follow and optimize our current processes for coding and testing to ensure highest possible quality of our application
• Be a go-to person for your colleagues, support them with your expertise and help them to collaboratively reach the best outcome each sprint
• Share your tech and business knowledge proactively to drive the success of xChange and our Development team
What are we looking for?
• Solid and proven experience as a full-stack/backend Software Engineer with a focus on web applications
• Deep understanding of development processes and best practises – you strive for efficient processes, highest code quality and tech standards
• Self-starter attitude with a high personal drive – you are excited about being a part of rapid growth and not afraid to take initiative
• You are a great communicator (our company language is English) and listener
• A valid work visa which enables you to apply for a work permit in Germany
What to expect
• Ownership and trust from day one! You will take full responsibility of your code and get the chance to actively shape our products
• A highly scalable product with a proven product market fit and a major feature roadmap ahead
• A state-of-the art tech stack
• A fast-paced work environment and complex intellectual challenges from day one
• Extremely flat hierarchies in a tremendously collaborative culture – plus a team of highly motivated & enthusiastic tech colleagues who cannot wait for you to join
• Attractive salary package – all full-time employees become shareholders in xChange
• Great location – our office is in the city center of Hamburg
• An international team with ~40 nationalities across our almost 90 team members
• A great working atmosphere with an open minded and collaborative culture
• Goes without saying: Flexible home-office rules, regular team events and of course a wide variety of fruits and drinks in the office 😉
If this sounds like you, please send an email to Celia Nielsen.
(Senior) DevOps Engineer (f/m/d) – English
Junior Software Engineer (Java, Angular) (f/m/d)
(Senior) DevOps Engineer (w/m/d) – Deutsch