Every day, millions of containers are transported – and every third container is empty! We will solve that problem.
How? The container is the single biggest innovation in logistics of the last century and has revolutionized not only an entire industry but also changed the way we live and do business. However, while this iron box itself is simple, standardized and efficient; using and owning containers is an operational nightmare. Market transparency is limited, trust along the value chain is low and most processes are manual and error-prone. Our mission is to change this—by providing a neutral platform for container owners and users to collaborate easily and efficiently. We’re here to connect global container logistics to take the hassle out of owning and transporting container equipment.
(Senior) DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)
xChange grows fast – really fast! After seeing massive growth in the last 2 years, xChange is now very well funded and ready to build the business over the years to come. We are seeking a dedicated and experienced (Senior) DevOps Engineer to join our team creating a future-ready, stable and scalable infrastructure at xChange.
Already got thrilled about xChange? Keep reading! As a DevOps Engineer, you’ll be responsible for building, scaling and maintaining our xChange infrastructure. You will take full ownership of the infrastructure, monitor, optimize and automate it in order to make it future-proof, stable and scalable. You’ll be joining a Series A startup of ~90 people from 38 countries and a DevOps team of 2, hence you’ll be working fully hands-on, managing Kubernetes cluster, automating with Terraform and being the go-to person for deployments. You’ll work closely with our CTO as well as our Tech and Product teams to craft strategy, enable everyone to work independently and adjust the infrastructure to secure products with the highest quality possible. Lastly, as xChange is growing heavily there will be opportunities in the future to build up your own team.
In a nutshell: An on-site DevOps Engineer is a new position that will play an instrumental, transformational role in our Tech team, making an immediate impact on the backbone of all our xChange products while also creating a long-term foundation for a scalable infrastructure ready to grow by today.
What you’ll do
• You will heavily grow and optimize our infrastructure and search for new technologies to keep it state of the art
• You will maintain, secure and improve our current infrastructure setup serving millions of container moves worldwide
• You will keep our platform and APIs up and 99,99% of the time and implement solutions to guarantee the highest uptime possible
• You will ensure that our infrastructure is secured and properly monitored
• Be the go-to person for deployments, continuous integration and infrastructure
What you bring along
• You already have a few years of experience as a DevOps Engineer or in a similar position
• You have a proactive and practical approach and are passionate about developing secure, stable and scalable infrastructures
• You are reliable, well-structured and pay attention to details – you know how to keep a clear head in wild times
• You are a great communicator (in English) who builds collaborative relationships easily and enjoys working in a team
• You have deep knowledge of current technologies and tools, such as container technologies, cloud providers (AWS), Elasticsearch, Terraform, management of deployment, Kubernetes and CI infrastructure
What to expect
• Attractive salary – including a competitive equity package
• The chance to take REAL ownership from day 1 and actively shape the future of xChange
• Highly scalable products with a proven product-market fit ready to change the industry
• A modern office the heart of Hamburg and flexible home-office
• Extremely flat hierarchies in a tremendously collaborative culture
• A state-of-the art tech stack waiting to be further developed by you
• A great working atmosphere with an open minded and collaborative culture – plus a team of highly motivated & enthusiastic tech colleagues who can´t wait for you to join
If this sounds like you, we’re looking forward to your application! Please send an email to Celia Nielsen.
(Senior) DevOps Engineer (w/m/d) – Deutsch
Junior Software Engineer (Java, Angular) (f/m/d)
(Senior) Software Engineer (Java, Angular) (f/m/d)