Every day, millions of containers are transported – and every third container is empty! We solve that problem
How? The container is the single biggest innovation in logistics of the last century and has revolutionized not only an entire industry but also changed the way we live and do business. However, while this iron box itself is simple, standardized, and efficient; using and owning containers is an operational nightmare. Market transparency is limited, trust along the value chain is low and most processes are manual and error prone. Our mission is to change this—by providing a neutral platform for container owners and users to collaborate easily and efficiently. We’re here to connect global container logistics to take the hassle out of owning and transporting container equipment
Business Builder – Customer Activation (f/m/d)
We are seeking an entrepreneurial, high-energy Business Builder in Customer Activation to take our existing customer engagement processes to the next level and ensure every customer is reaching its maximum potential on xChange.
As our Business Builder in Customer Activation, you will be responsible for building and running scalable and efficient customer engagement processes and workflows, ensuring all users get the best possible experience on xChange. Your key focus will be on reducing time-to-value for new users and ensuring that engagement remains high during the entire customer lifetime.As such, you’ll need high personal drive and a strong hands-on mentality focused on building, automating and continuously improving processes and features. Naturally, keeping track of key metrics and building a performance measurement system is a vital part of the role.
You’ll be joining a Series A startup of ~90 people and a CSM team of 15. Apart from our CSM team, you’ll work closely with our Sales, Onboarding and Product teams.
Your Responsibilities in a nutshell:
• Take full ownership of all company activation processes
• Optimize first login experience, ensuring that users are guided to their first value points as fast as possible
• Manage and improve the initial activation process for all new clients including e.g. onboarding calls, touchpoints until 1st deal etc.
• Keep track of key customer performance/engagement metrics by building and running a monitoring system
• Manage all ongoing activation/engagement processes by designing, implementing and testing activation strategies, making sure proven processes are automated and scalable to handle thousands of new and established clients
• Drive the automation of best practices and workflows with e.g., Redash, Zendesk, Google Sheets and the xChange platform collaborating with all internal stakeholders including Product, Customer Success and Onboarding
• Work with our Product team to integrate proven customer activation features within the application
What are we looking for?
• A “builder mentality” with a strong analytical mindset — being able to take raw data, turn it into meaningful insights and rapidly build prototypes to test new strategies
• You have a track record of 2+ years in Customer Activation/Customer Success in a fast growing B2B/B2C / start up environment, knowing exactly how to create an exceptional customer experience
• Deep understanding of what customer activation means and how to use this knowledge to power growth in a fast pace SaaS environment
• You are experienced with tools like userpilot, redash, google sheets, sendgrid, etc., know your way around client engagement monitoring tools and understand how to streamline and semi-automate processes
• Bonus points: You have worked with Product teams before—you know how to design features, write tickets, and test implementation
• Self-starter attitude with a high personal drive – You are excited about being a part of rapid growth and not afraid to get your hands dirty
• You are a great communicator (our company language is English) and listener
What we have to offer:
• Ownership from day one! You will have full responsibility for building our activation processes to ensure an exceptional customer experience
• A dynamic and international team with ~40 nationalities across our almost 90 team members & extremely flat hierarchies
• A highly scalable product with a proven product market fit ready to change the industry & do something good ♥
• A great working atmosphere with an open minded and collaborative culture—plus a team of highly motivated & enthusiastic colleagues who can´t wait for you to join
• A fast-paced work environment and complex intellectual challenges from day 1
• Great location – our office is in the city center of Hamburg!
• Goes without saying: Flexible home-office rules, regular team events and of course a wide variety of fruits and drinks in the office 😉
• All employees become shareholders in xChange
Want to find out even more and meet Christian, our CEO, and Timo, our Customer Success Lead, to get a first glimpse of who you would be working with? Here is a short video:
If this sounds like you, we’re looking forward to your application! Please send an email to Melanie Grunert.
VP Customer Success (f/m/d)